My clients and colleagues know how much I love the original Water Wow books. They are reusable and mess-free fun for kids at home, at the doctor’s office, the restaurant and the plane ride. These bigger books are going to be even more fun for preschool kids and kindergarteners!
Here are some great reasons why I love these books:
- They have more pages, and more pages means they keep kids busy (and happy) longer.
- They offer more detail and more challenge. The graphics inspire critical thought (Is this a silly thing to find in the supermarket or not?) and the red lens that looks like a magnifying glass makes kids feel like Sherlock Holmes as they search for secret items.
- There are mazes, hidden items and pages where kids can compare two almost-identical pictures and find the anomalies. It is more than just wiping water on a picture.
- Like the originals, the pages dry quickly and can be used over and over. It seems like kids would get bored after the first run-through, but children can enjoy the “reveal” and the sensory play of water on a page for a long time after they have solved all the puzzles. If you are at 30K feet and your kid is getting restless, this could buy you a bit of time without having to resort to screens that they will insist on for the rest of the (expensive) trip. Genius.
- Oh, and the pen is easy to grasp, and it develops a mature pencil grasp with repeated use. Yeah!
I think these would be terrific holiday gifts. If you are looking for more gift ideas, read Automoblox: For the Discriminating Preschool Gearhead and Melissa And Doug Tape Activity Book Is Reusable Fun for some other good toys that build skills while having fun!